Because you can’t possibly read them all, I’ve rounded up the “best of” lists that are worth reading (or at least skimming).
In food policy:
- Good Food News of 2011 [Grist]
- Bad Food News of 2011 [Grist]
- Top 10 Farm and Food Stories of 2011 [Civil Eats]
- Top 6 Food Politics Lessons Learned in 2011 [Huffington Post]
In cooking & eating:
- Best of 2011 – Kitchen Tools We Love [Apartment Therapy]
- 15 Recipes to Lighten Things Up in the Kitchen [Apartment Therapy]
- Sam Sifton’s Top 10 Restaurants of 2011 [New York Times] (or as Kim Severson said, the Top 10 Restaurants You Will Now Not Be Able to Get Into)
- 11 Food and Drink Trends of 2011 [Serious Eats]
- Best of FOOD52 in 2011 [FOOD52]
- 10 Favorite Cookbooks in 2011 [Serious Eats]
- Favorite Non-Cookbook Food Books in 2011 [Serious Eats]
- Best Food Books of 2011 [The Atlantic]
Here’s to 2012!