We have a buttload of cookbooks and old issues of Gourmet and Cooking Light crammed into a very small cabinet in our kitchen. Soooo I thought I would take a picture to show you how ridiculously overflowing the shelves are…
Of course, we don’t use all of them. Not even close! There are probably some that have never been used once…I mean, I sort of collect cookbooks and intend to use them but don’t get around to it… But, the most frequently used are:
1. various recipes from friends/grandparents/strangers, clipped from magazines or newspapers
2. ones printed out from FoodTv.com or allrecipes.com
3. Cooking Light Annual Recipes 2005
4. The Joy of Cooking (old edition?)
5. The Whole Foods Market Cookbook
6. The Moosewood Cookbook
7. Moosewood Restaurant: Simple Suppers
How often do I actually follow a recipe? Unless I’m baking, not very often. I usually just wing it and, hey, that works for me! Actually, tonight I was trying to find a recipe for something to do with Spaghetti Squash but I didn’t end up finding one. Instead, I used several as inspiration and took it from there. What I ended up with was spaghetti squash with sauteed zucchini and spinach, topped with toasted pinenuts and mozarella cheese- YUM. Very tasty, if I do say so myself!
By the way, I put up a “What I’m Reading” section on the right- check it out!
What’s on your bookshelf?